5/31/17 Sixteen Tons

60-ish, cloudy, drizzle, supposed to get up to the low 70s later today.

Remember that new computer I was talking about yesterday?  Of course you do.  Well anyway, one of the security protocols here at the office is that every computer has a PIN that you have to type in before you even get to the legal screen that basically says "surrender all privacy right ye who enter here" followed by the network login screen.  On my prior machine I was able to choose my own PIN but on this one the PIN is an abbreviation for the company (not one used publicly) followed by your employee ID number that you were assigned upon hiring followed again by the company abbreviation.  I took exactly one psychology course in college so I'm far from an expert but boy howdy, the message that they own my ass comes through loud and clear, doesn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day