5/29/17 Aging Humor

Just under 60 degrees and raining on Memorial Day.

I made an admittedly tasteless joke on social media yesterday and in return was reminded how old I was.  Under "R.I.P. Gregg Allman" I posted this photo thinking people would get the joke.

Naturally the first comment was "Isn't that Sonny Bono"?  Well, yeah, it is and the joke is that Cher left Sonny and married Gregg and made a record that's not even as well regarded as Sonny and Cher records.  Sometimes I overestimate the pop culture literacy of the few people who haven't unfollowed me on social media but then again I don't know who the hell most of the "stars" that young folks worship are so let's call it a push.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Anniversary Day