5/17/17 Metaphorical Mysteries

High 80s and sunny.  Not my kind of weather.

Got the new Mountain Goats CD in the mail yesterday.  Brought it to work figuring I'd listen on my computer....except I just got a new one and they don't have built-in CD drives anymore.  Progress!  So now I'll just wait for it to arrive on Spotify.  Which is fine because I don't mind giving the band the (very tiny but greater than zero) extra money.  I thought that was a metaphor for something but I can't figure out what it is.

Saw a kid trying to skateboard up 6th avenue until the traffic and confusion became overwhelming and she decided to pick up her board and walk on the sidewalk.  I'm sure that's a metaphor for something but I'm not coming up with what it is.

I was trying to think of something that I saw in the last few days that may have been a metaphor for something but I couldn't come up with anything.  I bet that's a metaphor for something but I can't imagine what.

The reason I was trying to think of a third thing that was a metaphor is that three is a magical, significant number in Western Culture going all the way back to the Bible and the Holy Trinity and probably further. So at least I know what I was going for there.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day