5/24/17 Self Absorption

High 60s and mostly cloudy.

What kind of person thinks it's OK to grab a wad of paper towels in a bathroom dispenser with a wet hand and then leave some of the still-wet towels hanging from the dispenser?  Nobody wants your hand backwash, pal.  Thank heaven for wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispensers.  It's just another symptom of our self-absorbed society.  Yesterday I had not one but two people walk into my back while I was waiting for the light to change as they were absorbed in their screens and ear buds while walking up sixth avenue.  They both said "excuse me" though what they should have said is "thank you" because presumably had they not had me for a safety rail they would've gone straight into traffic and been killed.

Hmm.  Been killed.

Note to self:  next time remember to just get out of the way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Anniversary Day