5/5/17 More Like Cinco de Raino, Amirite People?

High 50's and Biblical rains here in NYC.

It's so bad that I walked a half an avenue to get lunch and by the time I got back I was very, very grateful for the spare pants and socks I keep at the office.  I can only imagine how much wetter I would have been if I hadn't been smart enough to duck down the subway across the street from the building where I work and cut through the station into the underground entrance.  The water was cascading down the stairs like a dam had burst somewhere, that's not something you normally see in midtown Manhattan.

The reason for the half-avenue walk was because due to Progress or Economics or whatever all the good delis within a few doors of my office have closed as the Disneyfication of Times Square continues and spreads like a gentrifying rash.  Why In My Day, etc.

The reason I keep saying "half avenue" instead of "half a block" is because it was a West to East and East to West return trip as opposed to North-South and avenues are longer than blocks in this town.  You could look it up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day