5/30/17 Heavy Metal

Around 60 with mixed sun and clouds.

I got a new computer at work three weeks ago.  They made the switch a little after 11am on Tuesday.  How do I know this?  Well, there's a radio show on WFMU called Garbage Time that airs from 9am-12noon on Tuesdays and every week at 11am the DJ plays "Heavy Metal" by Don Felder and that's what was playing when the IT guy came to make the switch.  He happened to like the song so he waited until it was over to shut down my old machine and install the new one.  The FM reception for WFMU is pretty much non-existent in the building where I work so I listen via the Internet even though I can see Jersey City which is where the station is located from some windows on the floor where I spend my days.  So now every week when I hear "Heavy Metal" I'm reminded that another week of my career has come and gone, I'm that much closer to retiring and everything else that comes with getting older.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Anniversary Day