5/22/17 Missing You

High 50's, rain on and off all day.

When people say "I missed you at..." whatever I tend to respond with "Well aim better next time".  It almost never fails to confuse and also is handy as it stops the conversation from going in any sort of uncomfortable direction.  Nobody actually "misses me" at anything.  There's one of two reasons they're saying that:  they're either trying to make me feel guilty about some obligation that I no longer feel or they're filling conversational space with genial blather.  If people continue that line of inquiry after that little joke of mine I just crank up the awkward factor by following their line of though with "Oh, how would I have made (event) better?"  or "Can you be specific about what exactly you missed about me?"  I don't feel bad at all about this because those are two questions I can answer if I ever do say that I "missed someone" at something and those answers generally are either "It was boring as hell and I would have had someone to talk to" or "It was really good and I wished you were there to appreciate it".   That's really it, right?  You know what "they" say (whoever "they" are), there are two kinds of people in the world, people who divide stuff up into two groups and people who don't.  I believe this to be true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day