A spring poem

I have yet to find who the author of this gem is, so let's just call him "anonymous". I'm sure some of you have seen this before; some sources say it dates back to WW II. It's a perfect statement of mood for a person trapped in a godforsaken windowless office staring at a computer screen for nine hours on days like as nice as the last two.

And now, without further ado:

As I awoke this morning
When all sweet things are born
A robin perched on my windowsill
To greet the coming dawn
He sang his song so sweetly
And paused for a moment's lull
I gently raised the window
And crushed his (stupid) skull

Lovely, isn't it? Have a nice weekend everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day