6/28/17 Bus Stop 2

Mid 70s and partly sunny.

When I take the bus home from the office between early January and Thanksgiving week I typically wait on a bus stop located on an Eastbound midtown street.  The stop is located on the south side of the street in front of a storefront whose contents vary depending on the season.  Across the street is a pretty famous performing arts venue with a marquee that attracts tourists by the thousands.  People are forever taking photos and selfies and what have you.

There's no shelter on this bus stop probably because of the high volume of pedestrian traffic moving through the area.  When it rains hard enough I go across the street and stand under the Famous Marquee, reducing its fame to simple utility as far as I'm concerned.  Kind of like asking a celebrity for directions without acknowledging their status which also happens frequently in this town.  I like standing under the Famous Marquee when it's really pouring because then there aren't so many people around and I feel like I really own it, like this famous bit of the city is mine for a few minutes, I'm alone using it.  Then eventually the bus comes and I give it back to the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Anniversary Day