6/14/17 Very Slim Chance

High 70's and cloudy after passing showers in the morning.

Part of the exercise here is to try to force something out every day.  It's harder now that I'm older; I read old entries and wonder how I had time to think of that stuff in my early 40's or deem it worthwhile to put someplace where there was even a very slim chance of someone ever seeing it (Note to self, "Very Slim Chance" is maybe a good next title for this thing).

John Cleese (I think, I'm not going to search for it) said that one laughs less as one gets older because one has already heard nearly all of the jokes.   Yeah, probably.  People aren't all that creative on the whole, myself included.

Speaking of having heard all the jokes, I just reread that first paragraph and realized it sounds like a description of constipation which was unintentional.  Also inaccurate.  You can die if you stay constipated long enough but you can go your whole life without ever excreting your thoughts onto a page and be just fine, in fact you'd probably be happier than if you did try to arrange words into an order that someone else might be amused enough by to give you a pat on the head.  At least that's what all the interviews with Serious Writers say.  Those folks work hard though.  This isn't work, it's just an exercise to keep my brain from wanting to do nothing but sleep in between bouts of having beer poured over it.

Very Slim Chance is maybe a good name for a bar band that plays country music?

OK, that one I googled and found out that "Slim Chance" was the name of Ronnie Lane's band after he left the Faces.  So maybe not country.

There's no chance that I have an idea of how to end this, so it just ends.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Anniversary Day