But What About The Food?

I know, I've been posting from overseas for over a week with scarcely a mention of the food and you're all dying to know about it. Well, let's just say we haven't tried the McThai Shrimp yet....

...nor have we gone the sandwich route......

This was the most tempting fast food offer yet. Ah yes, Kebabs, the true flavor of the Deep South. I love European interpretations of American junk food. Did I ever tell the one about the buffalo wings I ordered at the American Cafe in the Zurich rail station? They came with all the traditional dips: ranch, salsa, and thousand island dressing.

We were going to buy a basket of berries at the market, but this guy cut in front of us. He didn't even pay! The nerve.

The donuts are good. The coffee here is great! The Finns are damned serious about their coffee. Best of all, not a Starbucks in sight.
Speaking of the coffee....below is a picture of the absolute best cappucino I ever drank. We bought them at Cafe Art in Turku. They've won the Barista of the Year for Finland three years running.
Did you know Santa runs a convenience store when not making toys? Oh the things you learn when you travel.

You also learn what happens to the sleigh-pullers who don't make the cut.



It's a harsh reality, but the man has to make all those deliveries in just 24 hours, after all.

Comments

JH said…
Yummmm, salami. Did you try any of the reindeer?
DC said…
I have not tried any of those salamis, but I have eaten reindeer twice so far. The filet of reindeer is excellent, the reindeer meat loaf I had not so much. Tough to do something good with ground meat from a lean animal.

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day