The Line Lady II: Line Lady's Revenge

The battle with The Line Lady continued this morning.

The bus arrived and I saw it was virtually empty so of course I decided to be "polite" and hang back. As usual, the Line Lady glared at me as I held my left hand out in an "after you" gesture.

Then she sprung her trap.

I didn't know that she has an Assistant Line Lady.

After I let Line Lady go, a woman she had been talking to stepped back from the door and said in a loud voice with a triumphant tone "Go ahead, you've been waiting!" The young woman behind her practically walked into her back and looked visibly annoyed. At that moment, I realized what the plan was: "Use the polite fat guy as a blocker for the door-jumpers!" I was being used to cut off a person who was trying to step on the bus before it was their turn!

A cloud momentarily obscured the sun. A chill breeze whispered through the bus stop as I stared at the A.L.L. for a confused moment. Then, I hung my head and sheepishly shuffled up the stairs and onto the bus, defeated.

I could swear that Line Lady flashed a small smile as walked past her up the aisle to an empty corner in the back.

When we arrived at my stop, I picked up my bag and steeled myself for the spirit-draining work week that lay in front of me and headed for the exit. About four rows from the front of the bus, a figure suddenly sprang up and stepped in front of me to get off the bus. As I hit the bottom step and saw the figure turn right and stride up the street I noticed it was the young woman that the A.L.L had used me to block. She had waited until I was almost at her row to jump in front of me to exit to send a message avenging her defeat at my unwitting hand.

It was a very eventful morning.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow. that's all I have to say
Unknown said…
Jeez Dave, I'm so crying right now!

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day