With A Little Bit Of Water and A Little Bit Of Sunlight/And A Little Bit Of Tender Mercy, tender, mercy

Final treatment this morning.  Didn't believe it was real until I walked in the room and saw them ripping my name and bar code off the molded cushion for my legs.  The whole morning felt vaguely detached from reality.   Made my follow up appointment, said goodbye to the gentleman who drove me (I'll miss him terribly and will be unable to ever watch a Yankees game again without thinking of him),  and practically floated onto the PATH train.

Then I got to work and reality set in but that's not particularly important or worth documenting here.

45 sessions.  It felt like a mountain at the beginning.  Overwhelming.  I guess in the "What have we learned ?" column I have truly experienced that you can get through overwhelming things by just looking at what's immediately in front of you and not at the whole process.  Cliches are often cliches because they're true.

High 60s and rainy this afternoon.  It was mid 60s and cloudy when I finished up.

Taking a couple days off from work.  Next week will be strange.  New routines always are even when they're new-old routines.

This may not have completely sunk in yet.  Then again it may not sink in any further since it'll be months before I know if it was all worth it or if I'll have to get more things done to me.  Gotta keep a level head, I guess?  Eh, I could get hit by a bus or meteor or an angry subway rider so I'll take what I have right now and be grateful.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day