Nightmare

 I have been having a recurring nightmare where I'm caught somewhere, usually outdoors, definitely far from home, NOT naked like the stereotypical nightmare everyone has....just.....barefoot.

Also in this nightmare, the foot that is now and forever missing a toe has that toe again, except that it hangs like a small bag with a rock in in it and flops around as I walk, completely out of my control.  Or sometimes it retracts into my foot.  Whatever it does, I know that it absolutely does not belong there and I have a mounting sense of panic that I need to get rid of it.  

At that point I'm transported to a crowded workspace or restaurant or some other place where it's difficult to move around because of the press of people but somehow one of my mounting army of dead family members finds me and drags me to a table where other people are, people who want to talk to me.  I don't want to see them.  I argue and berate the people who are trying to get to me.  Now the living are mixed with the dead, they're all in the same place in this crowded restaurant.  The restaurant is on a beach, I go down a steep hill to the beach where there are many cats, and sea lions, and rocks and I walk into the water in my bare feet.  My hanging toe flaps around in the surf.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anniversary Day

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

On vs. In