Drift

More than halfway done but still a decent amount of time (4 weeks) to go.

The constant fatigue at this point gives life a soft-edged glow and the vague feeling of being adrift, floating, with occasional waves of panic crashing over one's head that are registered and reacted to and then distracted away by something because it's too tiring to be panicked for too long.

Somebody's really warping that fucking plastic blue ring though.  I'm not getting it close to back to round anymore.

Different guy handled my transport this morning.  An ex sales guy who talked way too fucking much and interrogated me about my life.  Eventually I took my phone out and pretended I was answering work e-mails.  I like my regular driver, a retired, blue collar guy who when we drive by this place says things like "Man, a life-sized fucking gorilla don't come cheap".

Otherwise we might chat about whatever nonsense is on the sports talk radio or the wacky morning DJ's he surfs around to which makes the ride time expire as benignly as the statute of limitations on a parking ticket.  I'll miss that part of the routine when I'm back on the bus barely tolerating my neighbors.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day