Discovery

This morning I wandered into the living room and turned on the television in search of some white noise wallpaper to fill the air while I went about making coffee, tidying up from the night before. Since I recently got upgraded to free HD via my cable company, I decide to put on one of those Discovery Channel stoner-TV spectaculars, "Sunrise Earth". The episode was allegedly supposed to contain Elk wandering about a nature preserve in California. Only problem was, every time I looked over at the TV for the first 15 minutes of the show there were shrubs and cliffs and water and sunrise and no animals.

The reason struck me out of the blue. Of course, I said to the Mrs, it's seasonal programming. You know:

"No Elk
No Elk
Noooo Elk
No Elk
We can't find any
God damned Elk"

A nice touch on their part. I salute you, Discovery programming people!

Oh, and I know what happened to the elk. PBS's "New Scandinavian Cooking" today is featuring...wait for it....slow cooked Elk! Sounds positively antlericious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Anniversary Day