Interlude: Last Ride on the Nine

Mid 70s but boy is it humid.  More rain coming later, they say. 

They're changing all the bus routes that go from where I live to where I work a week from Monday.

I've noted before that the never-ending changes that go on in this city and in particular the mundane ones color one's recollections of a given time in one's life.  I don't know why I find it interesting as it probably isn't important in any way to note the passing of things like tollbooths and bus routes.  Going further back I was wondering about the last time I used a token.  I don't remember what year it was, what season it was, was I going to work or something social?  I could look up when the city made it worth my while by having metrocards reduce the cost of my commute vs. what I was paying with tokens but that, for someone of my age, would be "cheating".

Writing something down on the date of a transition somehow isn't "cheating".  Seems arbitrary, but this is my space (pun on the name of a place no one visits anymore intended) I can do what I want here.

This morning was the last ride in, tonight (traffic permitting) is the last ride home.  If traffic doesn't permit than the last ride home already happened.

In a few weeks the first rides on the new routes happen.  In the meantime I don't have to come into the office on this coast which is a good thing.   I've never been an early adapter. 

We now return to the cemetery already in progress. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day