8/8/17 Routine

Mid 70s and partly sunny.

My coffee cart guy is on vacation and it's weird.

My work mornings have a certain pattern. Get up, feed the cats, shower, dress, get on the bus, hopefully get a nap in after checking work e-mail, get off the bus, go to the corner, try to initiate the small talk so it's about the weather and not about coffee cart guy's money problems because business is slow/his van broke down again/his wife or kids hit him up for something or other so then I feel like I have to give a 66% tip on a $3 order that I know he's already gouged me 50 cents a day for for the last five years because the guy a block away charges $2.50 for the same thing, take my coffee and bagel, go upstairs and start the work day.

Disrupt that pattern and things are already on an unstable footing.  I live for routines in my work mornings so I don't have to think one minute earlier than I have to.

On the other hand I only paid $2.50 for a coffee and bagel this morning so there's that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day