8/2/17 The Doctor

High 70's and cloudy

The things you learn via the World Wide Web (accept no substitutes!)  When I was a younger person Dr. Who was the twelfth-rate cheesy science fiction series on PBS that you watched when there were no alternatives.  My house didn't get cable until the late 1980s so essentially the occasional Dr. Who viewing that I engaged in was on a day where there were no chores to do, the weather was lousy and the few friends that I had were absent.  I always referred to the guy as "creepy curly haired dude with a scarf" if I referred to him at all and any memory of the show was "it was that crappy British show with the phone booths".

How little I knew!

Here in the 21st century people actually watch a revival of the show!  I was completely unaware of this until the WWW manufactured some outrage at some folks who were allegedly outraged that the newest actor to play the title role in the series was a woman.  Now, I don't actually know anyone who was outraged by this but I'm assured they exist.  I suppose they might since I had also assumed any viewers of this thing in the United States were also fictitious.  In any event it's never a bad idea to conjure up straw people with "incorrect" opinions and skewer them on social media to market something.  It seemed to do very well for Wonder Woman, a film that "many men" were supposedly very upset about for some reason (again I've never met anyone who had less than glowing things to say about that particular film but the WWW assures me they exist - either I know only very enlightened people or the people I know who feel this way are hiding it).  So carry on, BBC.  Good luck with the ratings for the next series, I hope you kick ass!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Anniversary Day