Now What?

There are stories here.  Photos.  Appropriated items.  Rip offs.  Bad writing.  The occasional flash of something approaching creativity.  I haven't done anything in a while because I haven't had the time or the knowledge or the ability or a feeling that it was even necessary anymore. 

But it's summertime, so why not?

I was riding the bus the other day, well, actually it was a month or more ago.  A group of Staten Island's finest youth were on board having come from the auto show at the Jacob Javits center.  We were heading down the West Side Highway toward the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel when one of the bright stars piped up: "Yo, is dis lowah Manhattan?"

"Uh, yeah, I think so" said his bro.

"Yo, yeah, you know, when they rebuild the towahs, you know, they gotta put a missile defense system in to shoot down the planes when they come after it again you know?  They gottah!"

"Stupid, then the plane just falls down in the street!"

"Yeah, but better than taking a building down!"

"What about da people in the street?"

"You can't let 'em blow up a building bro, I'm telling you!"

The debates that consume our lives.  Civil defense theories informed by Michael Bay movies.  Decisions, decisions.   Like when I reopen this will anyone but spammers show up?  I have nothing to sell, there is nothing to read, move along I'm not even word-busking here.  Guess I'll find out.  Comments moderated is the way to go in 2011. 

Google Plus?  Haven't been invited.  Not cool enough.  I'll take it if you'll send it (moderated).

A good moderator goes a long way, you know.  George Jessel.  No wait, Walter Cronkite.  No, David Frost.  Barbara Walters.  Baba Wawa. 

We don't have Wawa's up here anymore it seems.  There was one when I was a kid but I think it's all about 7-11's now.   The White Sox sold a sponsorship one year and made the start times of all their home games 7-11 CT.  True story, at least as far as I know.  You can sell time, save time, and buy time but it keeps moving anyway, sliding inexorably down the rabbit hole of memory.  Or something like that.   This is just a first draft, come back in the future for the finished product.  Don't cost nuthin'.

Comments

JH said…
So this is the relaunch. Not that much different. I haven't blogged in a long time. Maybe I just have nothing to say.

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day