Fruit Classique

Here's another treat I get in Canada. Classic Fruit Certs. These were a childhood staple that I cannot find in the States anymore. The fruit flavored Certs you get in New York these days are actually manufactured to resemble individual fruits. So instead of that one wonderful artificial generic fruit flavor that I remember from the 1970s and 80s you get one mint that tastes kinda like orange, another that's kinda like lime, etc. This is not what I want from an unfood food item. I want the generic, vaguely "what is that supposed to be exactly?" sensation that you get from the classic Classic Fruit Certs or Froot Loops or Fruity Pebbles. I can still get it here in Canada.

Dining recaps of excellent dinners at Brasserie Bruinoise and Au Pied De Cochon to follow, but right now it's 1am and I have a big ol' can of Labatt Blue Dry to drink and a bag to pack for the drive back to NYC in the morning. Bon soir.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day