7/5/17 Clip It Good

Mid 80's and mostly sunny.

I've had the same paper clip holder for a very long time.  Probably as long as I've been working in the building in which I currently work which is since about the turn of the century.  Turn of the century meant something different when I was younger of course which is something you don't think about when you experience it.  I wonder if Jefferson used the phrase on two different centuries or if Ty Cobb did or even the Babe. 

Anyway, the paper clip holder is round, 6 centimeters high and also 6 centimeters across the top though the hole that the paper clips come out of is only about 2 1/2 centimeters in diameter.  There's a magnet surrounding the 2 1/2 centimeter hole that grabs the clips and holds them there for your ease of selection.  Clever!  The clips are loaded by removing a cap on the bottom of the holder that's 5 1/2 centimeters in diameter and black.  The top is also black but the middle of the holder is clear so you can see how many and what size paper clips you have in there.

You can't use real paper clips to attach a file to an e-mail.  Yet.

The old Microsoft Office help interface was an animated paper clip.  There were days at the office where I felt like the cartoon clip was my best pal if not my only pal.  It was reassuring when everyone around me felt like the enemy (at worst) or indifferent (at best).  Fortunately my situation hasn't been that dire for several years but sometimes I wish the paper clip would write to let me know it's OK in retirement.  The disembodied voices and boxes they have now just aren't the same.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day