4/24/17 Partly Cool Ranch

High 50's, maybe a degree short of 60 and partly cloudy or partly sunny depending on your point of view.

I heard a story (unverified) that the term always used to be "partly cloudy" until 50 years ago when the New York World's Fair committee asked local news outlets to start using the term "partly sunny" because they felt it encouraged more people to come out to the fair.  To them "partly cloudy" sounded like "oh no, it might rain" while "partly sunny" abolished any precipitation from one's thoughts.  It's a story too good for me to want to debunk so I'll just retell it because it makes the world more interesting.

In completely unrelated news I think Doritos has either changed the formula for the powder that they put on cool ranch Doritos or that my palate has changed and I no longer like it.  Either way I'll have to start taking a different bag of complimentary chips when the guys at the ferry offer me one because I actually tip them when I buy a beer in the evening a couple times a week.  If only they had Wise barbecue chips I'd be all set.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Anniversary Day