Basic Cultural Literacy

People of Earth, I need your help. I am a cultural illiterate.

There, I said it.

More specifically, I am television illiterate. It's not that I don't watch countless hours of TV a week. I do. The problem is it's almost all sports, food shows, travel shows or music programming. Here in America, we just had two happenings of epic cultural significance about which I was clueless. The first was the final episode of that show about the desert island and I was asking people questions about whether or not the Harlem Globetrotters came by or if the Professor finally built a boat because God knows he could build anything else out of freakin' palm trees.

Apparently, this was a different show.

Then the next night I heard some big spy show was going off the air and I started asking about whether they ever figured out the Cone of Silence and what happened to Hymie the Robot.

Again, it was the wrong show.

So tonight I have the Yankees game on and they go to rain delay and what do I do? Instead of finding some bit of True American Cultural Significance via the small screen, I go and turn off the TV and put this on.

What the hell good is THAT gonna do me when I have to make small talk on the elevator? What is wrong with me? I need to improve myself . I have said this before but I have to stop being a slacker and raise my game. Turn over a new leaf. If I want to advance my career and be an upstanding well-liked American citizen it is time to end my elitist ways. Enough with listening to some show that as I type this is analyzing the "Get Metsmerized" record.

I've gotta get going with the popular TV pronto. My peak earning years ain't gonna last forever and as an ex-boss of mine pointed out all an office job is is high school with paychecks. So what do I do? What do I watch? I need suggestions people. 'Cause right now I only have one idea.
I'm gonna start by watching that talent show on Fox.

Does Ed McMahon still host that show?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day