Forget About Your Eggs, I Ate The Easter Bunny (NOLA '09, Day 1)

Land and begin eating. That's what you do here. Or at least what I do. A half-dozen lovely oysters at Acme and then a cab ride out to Willie Mae's for "the best fried chicken in America" only it ain't, though it is damn good and worth a pilgrimage. The wait was long but the day was nice and the neighborhood, was, well, a neighborhood that was knocked on its ass and shows all signs of trying to pull itself back together. There are still trashed houses out there to be sure, though I only saw one with the spray paint markings that followed the storm.
What's that about the chicken? Well, the coating is excellent, the meat is nicely cooked though I felt like they pulled a little bit of a fast one on us when we both ordered 3 piece lunches and they served us six pieces family style and 3 of the 6 pieces were wings. It was really, really good fried chicken though, though the fried chicken I had for part of my dinner at Coop's Place was just as good.


The critter in the window there is the newest co-owner of Coop's, Stella. She's kind of a greeter but more of a mouser. Coop's is where along with my fried chicken I had Easter Bunny and sausage jambalaya, a tasty treat that can't be beat for the season. Well, that and about 68 Abita Restoration ales. Sorry, I mean 6 to 8 ales. What was I thinking? The Mrs. took this lovely picture of Stella, by the way.


Click on the picture for more bar wisdom, noting especially the white sign to the right of the Camel sign. It's true! I swear!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Anniversary Day