Flotsam and Jetsam (laziness)

I just finished the best book I have read in a long, long time. "The Unfortunates" by B.S. Johnson. I won't bore you with my review here, if you're interested check out a professional review instead.

Today's coffee cup from the coffee cart proudly advertises Kava House, 1445 Lake Drive, East Town, Grand Rapids. "That's One Big Cup Of Mud". Looks like they're still in business; there's a review on Yelp from a couple weeks back calling Kava House "The best coffee in Grand Rapids". Guess if I ever find myself in Grand Rapids I should check it out. The bottom of the cup reveals that it was manufactured by Sweetheart in Chicago, Illinois but unlike the Canadian cup I wrote about last week there's no contact information. Stand behind your product, I say. I wonder how the hell this cup made its way to a NYC cart? There's no sensible explanation like there was for the Second Cup cup. There's no discernible seasonal theme on today's cup, so why did the Kava House reject it? Or did they? Do they even know they're getting advertised in NY albeit in cups containing street cart coffee so maybe it's actually negative advertising? Should I call them? Do I have a moral obligation to inform them?

Ah screw it. It's just a coffee cup. I must stop obsessing on these trivialities.

Note to self: must work on providing more cryptic Facebook status updates. I have many friends and family members out there who post things like "I just heard the most wonderful news!" or "Isn't it sad?" with no further explanation. I think those are brilliant artistic statements. Perfect encapsulations of the modern world. Why? Because they provide data without context which is not the same as providing information. It's just a fact or an observation floating in a vacuum like the millions of other Cryovaced facts that assault us each day. As long as there's no further analysis or explanation you are allowed to make up your own story, your own conclusion. The Internet, it's just a big old "choose your adventure" book with limitless paths and endings and thanks to social networking sites those books star your loved ones, your less-close friends and people you kinda know but friended anyway.
Truly, we live in wondrous times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day