Investing in pork bellies

Tonight I start the longest food-related project I've ever attempted: curing pork bellies. First, I cover them in sugar, salt, and spices and tuck them in the fridge until Saturday night. After I return from Saturday night curling they get cleaned off and then braised overnight in chicken stock. Finally, on Sunday I sear them off and eat. Fingers crossed that the process works like it should and we wind up with a fine, tasty Sunday entree.

Speaking of eating, rumors abound that the fish in the $750,000 fish tank in the Staten Island ferry terminal are eating each other.

Speaking of Staten Island, looks like we have our own culture war.

That reminds me that we're about six weeks away from the annual human curling spectacular that follows the season-closing bonspiel and the ceremonial pulling-of-the-plug on the refrigeration system. Good thing we're in NJ and not SI otherwise The Man might shut it down.

The highlight of the bonspeil is, of course, the Saturday pig roast. The whole beast (except the head, much to my chagrin), not just the belly.

Comments

JH said…
And of course if it turns out good you will be bringing some to the Stone on Friday night, right?

And and you are really into this blogging thing, I guess.
DC said…
Alas, I don't think they'll keep that long. Our Friday night contribution will be tasty homemade chicken taquitos developed by Cindy and selected by the gourmands of Club Du Curl.

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day