Deadline Day

One of my favorite days of the whole year is Trading Deadline Day in the NHL. In my younger days I would agonize over the moves and non-moves of the New York Rangers. I saw a few seasons flushed down the toilet due to action or inaction at the deadline (1996 leaps to mind - the infamous Ferraro-Norstrom-Laperriere-Lafayette for Kurri, Churla and McSorley deal which wound up being one of the worst deals in franchise history).

Now, thanks to digital cable (God bless you NHL Network) and the Web I can follow full coverage of all the deals that all the teams make.

And thanks to that coverage, I got to hear it first when my other favorite team, the Montreal Canadiens pulled the "What the f**k?" move of the day by giving away their starting goaltender for a draft pick

One of these days I'll feel good about my favorite teams on this day. Then again, I felt good back in July and that hasn't quite panned out despite the fact that those guys have played pretty well most of the season.

Anyway it looks like the Penguins have gotten more interesting although I think someone should tell them that defence and goaltending win in the playoffs. The Stars and Sharks got a lot better, and I think that Campbell will be the one that got away for the Rangers.

What did the Rangers do? Not much of consequence.

Oh well.

Comments

JH said…
Hockey- that is that weird sport on ice with the sticks and chunk of rubber and metal on your feet?
DC said…
You got it. I know it's no match for feet of teflon and a push broom, so what say we compromise and play broomball?

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day