Rated R

The following post has not been rated by the MPAA.

I recently had one of those little reminders of the place and time that we're living in.  You know, one of those little nuggets of truth that you often find buried way in the back of a news story, though this particular excavation did not happen in a straight news article.

I was reading a New York Times review of "The Killer Inside Me", a new film based on the Jim Thompson novel of the same name.  I haven't read any of Thompson's work though I am aware of it from friends who have recommended it and also through the Pere Ubu album Why I Hate Women which was inspired by Thompson's writing.  Jim Thompson's novels are, to my understanding, very dark and extremely violent almost to the point of absurdity.  The film review seemed to confirm this but when I got to the end where the Times puts the MPAA rating and a brief description of the reason for said rating I found this little satori:

"Rated R for sex, violence, violent sex, sexualized violence.  And smoking". 

Kinda makes me want to add a "truth" tag to this here blog.  In fact, I think I'll do just that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Posts About Buildings and Food

Wizard Of Oz-Dark Side Of The Moon Blog For Top Chef

Anniversary Day